For questions, please contact us by the form below!
- Ducking Constitutional Responsibility, House GOP Blocks Vote on the War in Yemen November 14, 2018Washington, D.C. — November 14, 2018 — In response to the House voting 201-187 in favor of H.Res. 1142, a rule de-privileging and preventing a vote on Rep. Ro Khanna’s (D-CA) legislation H.Con.Res. 138 to end U.S. support for the Saudi-led intervention in Yemen, Paul Kawika Martin, Senior Director for Policy and Political Affairs at Peace Action, […]
- GOP Leadership Tries to Block Vote on Yemen War Powers Resolution, Again November 13, 2018Washington, D.C. — November 13, 2018 — In response to Republican leadership in the House of Representatives moving to de-privilege H.Con.Res. 138, legislation introduced by Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) that would end U.S. support for the Saudi-led intervention in Yemen, Kevin Martin, President of Peace Action, released the following statement: “This is the same undemocratic […]
- Facing Mounting Pressure, Trump Administration to End Mid-Air Refuelings in Yemen War November 9, 2018(Photo: Felton Davis) Washington, D.C. — November 9, 2018 — In response to reports that the Trump administration is ending U.S. refueling of Saudi coalition aircraft participating in the war in Yemen, Kevin Martin, President of Peace Action, released the following statement: “If confirmed, this change represents the single greatest step to date to curtail […]
- Peace Candidates Win Elections November 7, 2018Washington, D.C. — November 7, 2018 — Peace Action, the nation’s largest grassroots peace organization, works each election cycle to help elect pro-peace candidates to Congress. In the 2018 election cycle, Peace Action endorsed dozens of candidates for Congress, many of whom won their races and others of whom are still counting votes. You can […]
- Trump’s Iran Sanctions Are Beating a Path to War November 2, 2018(Photo: David M. Grossman) Washington, D.C. — November 2, 2018 — Ahead of the Trump administration’s reimposition of oil, banking, and shipping sanctions against Iran scheduled for November 5th, Paul Kawika Martin, Senior Director for Policy and Political Affairs at Peace Action, released the following statement: “The reimposition of these sanctions should be seen for […]
- Peace Action Endorses Tom Malinowski for Congress October 29, 2018Washington, DC — October 29, 2018 — Peace Action has announced its endorsement of Tom Malinowski for Congress in New Jersey’s 7th Congressional District. Peace Action is a national grassroots organization working to advance nuclear disarmament, promote government spending priorities that support human needs, encourage real security through international cooperation and human rights, and support […]
- Saudi-Confirmed Killing of Khashoggi Should Provoke End to U.S. Military Support October 19, 2018Washington, D.C. — October 19, 2018 — In response to Saudi Arabia acknowledging that Jamal Khashoggi was killed at its consulate in Istanbul, Turkey, Jon Rainwater, Executive Director of Peace Action, released the following statement: “Saudi Arabia’s admission that Jamal Khashoggi was killed at its consulate in Istanbul confirms our worst fears about his fate. […]